share Rentapal on Facebook      share Rentapal on Twitter      follow Rentapal on Twitter      Youtube       Subscribe RSS      mail list Join the Rentapal Mailing List

Just distraught

Dear Paul,
I hope you had a lovely Sunday. I had a really awful week, am terribly depressed, angry at my new [3 months' worth] husband for lying about money and other things and in general making me look bad, and angry at my best, only friend whom I've known since I was 11 [ 1 am now 35.] --for essentially saying I wasn't that terrific with money myself and she heard i was a nag and anyway, what am I going to do now, if i can't stand him then why don't I leave? i wouldn't dare cry on the shoulders of my mother, brother or his wife, sister or her husband [my other good and close friends] -- because it would be just devastating to have that circulate back to my husband. I have lost the only ear I had. my other good friend [since the age of 17] is a man, and I can't possibly talk about my husband to him -- seems a breach of ethics to me. I have acquaintances at work, but mourning to them seems like bad politics. It sucks to be an introvert.

Thank you very much, Paul, I hope people are generally kinder than the man who wrote you were an expletive idiot.
Sarah


Dear Sarah
If you really "can't stand" your husband, then why wouldn't you want to leave? The other obvious question would be why you married someone you can't stand in the first place, but that's another matter. Are you annoyed with your best friend only because of what she told you? If so, maybe you should listen to her. After all, true best friends are the ones who tell us what we need to hear, which is not always what we want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment